The American Bar Association's Section of International Law will hold its “Fall Meeting” at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, England from October 3 – 6, 2007.
A session entitled “International Family Law for the Globetrotting Executive” will be held on Thursday, October 4, 2007 from 4:00pm to 5:30pm chaired by Jeremy D. Morley, attorney-at-law in New York City, with presentations from him, Anne-Marie Hutchinson, OBE (Dawson Cornwell, London) and Suzanne Kingston (Dawsons, London).
Description: Complex international family law issues are an occupational hazard for globetrotting executives. International travel is great for business and pleasure but terrible for marital stability. A globetrotter's legal adviser is expected to have hard data and brilliant strategic advice at the ready but in the real world accurate information and useful “big picture” advice is hard to find. In this fast-moving program, some of the world's leading experts on international family law will provide practical, useful and straightforward advice concerning:
- International prenuptial agreements;
- Strategic international divorce planning;
- International divorce jurisdiction;
- Which law governs the international divorce?
- International child custody and international child abduction.
- An international family lawyer's “Top Tips for the Globetrotting Executive.”
All are welcome.