Expert testimony is frequently needed in international family law cases. We are frequently called upon to act as expert witnesses. Such testimony is often secured in cases concerning international child custody, particularly in cases in which one parent is seeking to prevent the other parent from having overseas visitation with the child or relocating with the child to another country. However, it is also useful in a myriad of other cases.
Such testimony might concern:
- The factors that indicate that an individual is likely to commit an international child abduction;
- The degree of the risk of an international child abduction that is presented by an individual having specific risk factors;
- The sufficiency of terms of a proposed custody order in preventing a potential international child abduction;
- The likelihood that a foreign country will return an abducted child;
- The lawyer's experience with and knowledge of a specific legal system;
- The division of foreign marital assets;
- The discovery of hidden marital assets; and
- The enforcement of foreign divorce and custody judgments.
Jeremy Morley has been accepted as an expert on international family law or international child abduction recovery and prevention in many jurisdictions throughout the United States and in Canada, Australia and England.
Jeremy Morley has provided expert evidence in the form of testimony and affidavits to many courts concerning the prevention of international child abduction. So far, such testimony has included expert evidence as to the laws and practices concerning international child custody and international child abduction of many countries, including:
Algeria, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Singapore, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, United States, Venezuela and Vietnam.
Disclaimer: We are admitted to practice only in New York but work as appropriate with lawyers throughout all U.S. states and throughout the world.